Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Great Idea that That Wasn't...

So yesterday morning I had a hankering' for some pancakes. I had been up for an hour and had my coffee in hand and decided to whip some up with this great gluten-free baking mix I use called Pamela's (think gluten-free Bisquick). As I was getting ready to add in the water I had, what I thought at the time, a stroke of sheer genius! I decided to add my coffee to the egg and baking mix instead of water for some lovely coffee-flavored pancakes! It's an amazing idea right? I didn't know how I could have lived for nearly 29 years and never thought of it before.

So in went a 1/2 cup of my coffee (complete with the cream and sugar) and I was super excited as my lovely, light brown pancakes got all bubbly and puffy in the pan.

But alas, the finished product was a complete disappointment. There was no coffee taste at all in the pancakes and they were slightly more crumbly than normal. Bummer...

I think next time I want coffee-flavored pancakes I'll just head straight for the Kahlua :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I think of things like this all the time, but I'm typically not brave enough to execute. ;) Just today I was making chocolate chip cookies, and wondered if it would taste good to roll the cookie dough in toasted coconut before baking. What do you think? I'll let you know if I ever give it a try! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think toasted coconut is an incredible idea on the chocolate chip cookies, especially if the chocolate chips were dark or semi-sweet chocolate. I think the bitter chocolate and the sweet/nutty coconut would be amazing!! Let me know if you try it :)

    ReplyDelete