Monday, November 28, 2011

Thankful!

Thanksgiving was amazing for me this year for a couple of special reasons.

1. Jeff and I hosted it together.
2. I got to prepare most of the dishes myself and I had a BLAST!!
3. Jeff took me to Walmart at 11:45pm on Wednesday night so we could buy stuff to make the table pretty  (that man knows how to make me happy!)
4. Most amazing of all, I ate everything that I made and did not get sick!

Those of you who have read this blog for a while know that I have had some health issues for years and have been on a long journey, particularly in the last year and half.  It has been a very difficult road for me.  Many many times I have wrestled with the Lord over my struggle with daily pain and fear of food and His "seeming" silence and inactivity in the middle of what has been one of the most difficult seasons of my life.

The thing is, He wasn't being silent or inactive.  He just wasn't taking it away like I wanted Him too.  Two weeks ago, I had a small surgical procedure and we found that my primary issue was actually not food at all!  My doctor found what she suspected might be the cause and was able to remove what appears to have been the primary source of my pain!  I was a bit sore recovering from surgery but I am thrilled to share that I have now spent 4 days in a row with no pain whatsoever!  Its been over a year and a half since I could say that and I don't know how to express the gratitude that I feel!

I am incredibly thankful that on Thanksgiving Day, I had the simple joy of being able to eat a dinner roll and a piece of pie.  But I am even more thankful for a God who has shown me, vividly, that although He doesn't always take away difficult things in the way or the timing that I want, He will forever show Himself to be FAITHFUL to carry me through them.

My camera ran out of space about 1/2 way through so I am missing pictures of us with one of our guests (Sorry Emmie!!)...  But here is a peek at our day.  Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday season!!

Getting the Beer Brine ready!!  (And of course taking a few swigs in the process)



Prepping the dough for some Parker House Rolls from one of my favorite bloggers.



Getting that bird prepped for the Weber to do its magic...



Enjoying the lovely warm day while we wait for the last few dishes to finish cooking...



Aren't those pretty??  I was quite proud of them...




My mom brought her award-winning Apple Bavarian Pie and also a Pumpkin Bourbon Pecan Pie.  She is amazing!!



No caption is really needed on this one.   This was our bird taking a little rest before we dove in...




Happy...



Ready to give thanks and EAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment