Sunday, November 13, 2011

Whoopie!

A few weeks ago, after watching a special on the Food Network while jogging at the gym, Jeff put in a special request for some Whoopie Pies.  Do you know what they are?  It's essentially a grow-up sort of Oreo Cookie:  two rounds of chocolate cake-meets-chocolate-cookie with a thick filling of vanilla creme!

Most of the recipes that I found called for Marshmellow Creme in the center and I'm not a huge fan.  So I settled for one that uses some shortening, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and corn syrup.

This first attempt turned out pretty darn good, according to Jeff and the kids.  However, I need to perfect the cookie part a little bit more before I post the recipe.  The requests were:

Could the cookie-part be a little fudgier?
Could you make them bigger and a little more flat (Because the creme is really what I care about!)?

I'll be working on these and when they are perfect, I'll post the recipe.  But here is a peek at round one!



2 comments:

  1. my friend amy might have a recipe for whoopie pies if your interested. she makes them from time to time.

    ReplyDelete