Sunday, December 13, 2009

I'm a newbie...

Well, I finally broke down and did it... I have about 8 friends who blog and I really enjoy reading their posts about life and family. However, I always thought blogging was for people with adorable kids to brag about or deep thoughts to share. Mostly, I would like to just write about food. I REALLY love to cook and sometimes I just want to tell someone about my adventures in the kitchen. This past year has been full of new food experiences. Last December I baked and iced 23 cakes for a friend's wedding. In the summer I hand-pitted a pound of cherries and made my very first homemade cherry pie from scratch (YUM!). A couple weeks ago I made my first real Thanksgiving turkey. Words cannot really express my pride in that lovely, brown, juicy bird! I felt like I had passed some female domestic rite of passage. This weekend I have been working on some homemade food Christmas gifts. Last night my respiratory system had a little run-in with the dried chipotle chiles that I was trying to grind for these little presents! The result was incredibly comical (sneezing, coughing, crying, etc) and no one was around to appreciate it. So I got up this morning and decided to start a blog. Mostly I am planning on sharing recipes and food ideas but I may squeeze a little bit of my life and thoughts in here. So here goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment