Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shrimp & Rice Noodles with Garlic Chili Sauce

So I have to post fast this afternoon because I am at the library and need to get home in a few minutes to meet up with a friend!

But I wanted to share my dinner recipe from last Friday night. I had a friend over and tried a new recipe and it was wonderful! The recipe is basically a sauce recipe and then you can put it with anything you like. The original version came from Cooking Light and called for the sauce with shredded pork and fettuccine. I needed it to be gluten-free and had some shrimp on hand so I went with shrimp and rice noodles. I have leftover noodles and am going to whip up some more sauce and do stir-fried veggies with noodles and sauce for dinners this week. I was thinking next time I might add a little more water and make it into a soup with some veggies and chicken. See? Super versitile!

Garlic Chili Sauce

1/4 c. almond butter
2 1/2 T low-sodium soy sauce
2 T rice vinegar
1 T minced, fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp garlic chili sauce (I used the bottled Sriracha sauce that I LOVE!)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 c thinly sliced green onions
1/3 c chopped, fresh mint (optional)

- Wisk together everything except the green onions and mint with an additional 2 T warm water.
- Pour over your noodles or veggies or meat or whatever and top with the onions and mint.
- I had everything on hand for this except the mint so I skipped that part.
- This sauce was super flavorful, but also quite spicy. I think it would still taste good if you left the chili sauce out or you could mix it up and then add a little chili sauce at a time until it has the desired heat.

Happy Sunday! I hope yours has been as lovely as mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment