Thursday, July 28, 2011

My hardy little garden...

I've been meaning to take pictures of my garden for several weeks and just kept forgetting to bring my camera over to Jeff's house.

And then, two weeks ago, it did this:



I thought for sure my little garden would be trashed!

But it is hardier than I thought... Just two weeks later, it looks like this:



I planted Zinnias throughout the garden and they are popping up and bringing color and making me very happy!



I planted mini cucumbers because I want to make dill pickles. The plant has gone CRAZY and I probably have close to a hundred of these little guys starting to form. I'm going to have pickles coming out my ears! (Not literally...)



I know its hard to see, but this is my cucumber vines in the back, chives, onions, rosemary, basil and cilantro.



Lettuces...



Brand new strawberry plants that I just put in to replace some sugar snap peas that died, radishes that we ate and carrots that didn't come in well...



This picture does not do my tomatoes justice. They have turned into 3 beasts! I planted them too close together and am having to prune them back almost every weekend because they are growing so fast and there isn't room to just let them go. You can't see it in this pic, but the center plant (cherry tomatoes) are already ripening. Of course, we're nibbling on them as fast as they ripen. Its a full-out competition between us and the squirrels...

And there's the update I've promised a few of you.

Happy Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment