Tuesday, August 2, 2011

30 Years Old!

Amazing... I'm not sure how this happened, but I actually turned 30 years old yesterday! I promise I was 19 only a few months ago :). When did I become so officially "adult"? I feel like I am just barely starting to get a glimpse of what older people are talking about when they say no matter how old you get, you still feel about 18 years old inside. Do you think that is just our soul that is eternal and therefore, technically ageless? I think it might be...

Jeff threw me a party on Saturday night and we had friends over for a blow-out taco fest! (That man is awfully cute when he is in the taco zone!)

Then we spent Sunday with my parents. They got me a new cookbook called Booze Cakes! Just flipping through it makes me want to put on an apron, fix myself a cocktail and get busy with my mixer and cake tins!

And then last night Jeff and I dressed up and he took me to The Broadmoor for what was, hands down, the BEST meal I have ever had! I'm not being dramatic. It was exceptional. I had Prosciutto and Herb-Wrapped Fillet Mignon with Goat Cheese Potatoes, Bearnaise Sauce and Asparagus with Tomatoes that had been cooked down in Madeira Wine. Is your mouth watering?? There really are no words... And we sat right by the lake and there was candlelight and white table-clothes and an amuse-bouche and I wore a new dress and felt pretty. Sigh... Totally wonderful!

We didn't take tons of pictures over the weekend but here are a few:

FOOD!!!



Getting in a little sweet baby love...



My sweet taco-making man and me :)



The gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, egg-free dessert that I made for myself. I know... You are wondering what good ingredients are left after you take out gluten, dairy, soy and egg! This dessert is primarily almonds and coconut and it turned out pretty good. I'll share the recipe soon!



Me (at The Broadmoor feeling incredibly loved and happy and fancy)



The dinner to king all dinners. I think I might judge all further meals against the amazing-ness of this one!



For all of you who called or texted or made it a point to spend time with me, THANK YOU! A girl could not ask for more wonderful friends and family and I find myself entering this new decade humbled and full of gratitude for the gift of you all.

Let the thirties begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment