Monday, January 18, 2010

Feeling Chatty...

So, I don't really have any new food adventures to share (although my very first gluten-free loaf of bread is in the oven as we speak!), but I am feeling chatty and two delightful things just happened. No one is physically around to share them with so you all get to hear them. They are pretty small things and will probably lose some of their delightfulness when I try to write them down, but nonetheless, here they are...

I was out enjoying a glorious "its-winter-but-I'm-going-to-tease-you-and-pretend-it-is-spring" Colorado afternoon on a trail that runs through a gully out behind my neighborhood. My pace was alternately jogging (I know, its shocking!), walking and picking my way through the mud. I was gingerly making my way through a very muddy patch and, since I hadn't seen a single person in 45 minutes, was also singing along with my iPod to the country song, 99% Sure I've Never Been Here Before. I was at the particularly fun "ninety-nine point, ninety-nine point, na-na-NA-na-NA-na-na" part when I glanced up and saw a father and his son watching me and looking extremely amused! Sigh... Its a good thing I have learned to laugh at myself!

Then a little bit later I was nearly back to my house and was walking by the little neighborhood park at the end of our street and I saw a little boy climbing on some of the equipment. He looked to be about 4 years old and he was completely decked out in a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and shin guards! I almost laughed out loud when I saw him and I am laughing out loud while I write this. Poor kid! The thing is, I have a lurking suspicion that I would be capable of doing the same thing to my poor unborn children. Lord help them! Hopefully many of you will still know me someday when I have kids. Please smack me upside the head if I send them to the playground in full body armor. I am giving you permission ahead of time!

Thats all. Today has been a particularly nice day and it is nice to find enjoyment in simple things. I know a couple of you reading this do the gluten-free thing, so I will let you know how this bread turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment